Titles

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ray Ban Obsession

My first pair of Ray Ban Wayfarers were presented to me Christmas morning in 2009.  They were turquoise. 


They quickly became my favorite pair of sunglasses.  In 2010, I saved money from a few paychecks and purchased a new pair in solid white.  This is when I knew I had become greatly intrigued by wayfarers, or more so obsessed.

For my birthday in 2011, I asked for wayfarers in tortoise.  These are currently my favorite; however, I am sure I will bust out my white frames for the summer months.

I have had several of my friends ask about my Rays (i.e. How much are they?  Where do you get them? What color is best?  What style are they?).  I am about to gush about them because I get THAT excited about these sunglasses.

                      Rachel Bilson, Sunglass Hut's "Style Director" wears her wayfarers frequently.

Where to Buy
Ray Bans are sold at Sunglass Hut, the Macy's in-store Sunglass Hut, Rayban.com, and Nordstroms, as well as other speciality sunglass shops.  The return policy for Sunglass Hut is great -- after purchasing a pair of sunglasses, you have up to 90 days to exchange them if you change your mind about the pair you bought. 

The Frames
The particular style of Ray Bans that I am blogging about today is the Original Wayfarer. 

The Cost
Ray Bans range in cost anywhere from $69 to $300.  The price depends on the style, color, store, and if the glassed are polarized or not polarized.  If you purchase a pair of original wayfarers in a basic color like solid black or tortoise (no Rare Prints), then they are usually between $125 and $150. 

Buying Tips to Save
Sunglass Hut offers mall employees 20% off every 90 days.  When I worked at the mall, I got this discount.  Also, be sure to sign up for Sunglass Hut promos and e-mails, as they occasionally send out $20 off coupons and they give you $10 or $20 off for your birthday.  If you purchase through the Sunglass Hut at Macy's, you can often use Macy's coupons towards your purchase.  Macy's ALWAYS has coupons that save you up to 25% off.  I used a Macy's coupon to save 20% off of my Rare Prints.

The Color
There are many different colors and prints that wayfarers come in.  If you're interested in checking out the prints, look into Ray Ban's "Rare Prints" collection.  My white framed wayfarers are "Rare Prints", as they are floral printed on the inside of the frames!  I prefer the toroise wayfarers for regular every day wear.  Tortoise is the shadings of brown and black mixed in depth.  Yikes...that's the best I can describe it.  (See picture posted below of Wayfarers in tortoise.)


I usually don't splurge that much on anything because I simply don't have loads of money to splurge... but when it comes to protecting my eyes AND wearing sunglasses that I love, I can't resist.  I wear my Ray Bans literally every day.....unless it is so gloomy that I absolutely shouldn't.  Have any questions?  Ask me.  I can gush about these sunglasses any day....

                         Demi Lovato wearing the turquoise wayfarers.  These were my first pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment